Today is the day! My 22nd birthday! For some reason, this birthday feels more monumental than any other recent birthday. Why, you ask? I don’t think I can quite pen-point it to just one thing but I definitely feel very happy and content with my life right now. Everything is so peaceful and uplifting and just good right now in my life. I’m so thankful for it but I also know life has its waves and this can easily be gone tomorrow.
With that being said, today I choose to be happy, feel happy, and celebrate my birthday like a real-life Queen!
As I look back on the past year, I decided to compile a list of 21 lessons that I’ve learned in the last year that have really changed me in some way. It’s honestly been a crazy year and I feel like I’ve changed so much! Keep on reading for my 21 lessons learned while being 21.
1. People aren’t going to change just because you want them to.
2. Friendships end and new ones begin.
3. Do Christian things because God is watching, not because others are.
4. Don’t force it, boo. It’s just not meant to be.
5. Don’t half ass it! Go all the way!
6. Your dreams don’t need to compare to anyone else’s.
7. I’m an extroverted introvert.
8. Giving up isn’t an option.
9. It’s okay to experiment but learn your limits!
10. I AM a good person.
11. Don’t stress about not knowing your purpose. Many people don’t. Pray about it.
12. Starting over isn’t such a bad thing.
13. Optimism will always be the better option.
14. You really only live once so take advantage of the time that you have. If I want to have pink hair… well I’m going to have pink hair.
15. The Big Apple is not for me.
16. Settling for mediocre will only hurt me in the long run.
17. Be more assertive & SPEAK UP.
18. You’re grown. It’s time to make those big girl decisions.
19. Not everyone is like me, and that’s okay.
20. No goal is too big or too small.
21. Find yourself, your hobby, your passion! Your happiness will show.
It took me such a long time to come up with this list because I was really thinking hard about what has happened and how I’ve changed from it all.
Do I regret anything from the last year? No. Am I thankful for it all? Yes.
Life is about growing and changing, and I’m so blessed to have my life that I’m not going to spend one minute regretting anything! I’m just excited to see how I grow year after year.
Well, that’s all for this blog post. Have fun today! I know I will.
PS. Shoutout to all my Virgo babies! It’s OUR time.
Until Next Time –